Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer is HOT!

I am totally wiped out! We went to the Kemah Boardwalk this morning for a playgroup, and it was HOT! It's amazing how much energy the sun takes out of you. But Sarah had fun playing with some little girls her age that we haven't seen in a while. She did not want to ride the train though - the whistle was pretty loud so I don't blame her. So anyways, I decided this was a good time to sit down and take a break (in the air conditioning) and update my blog.

Sarah has officially started the Why stage. Sometimes I think her automatic response to everything is "Why?" although sometimes she genuinely wants to know. Occasionally I have to resort to the old "Because Mommy says so..."

Now I am laughing so hard I can barely type. Sarah just came out of her room with nothing but Tinkerbell wings on. I tried to snap a photo but she was flying like Tinkerbell too fast for me to get the picture. I guess it's cooler with no clothes! She definitely has a mind of her own but she is too cute - keeps me laughing that's for sure!

Speaking of having a mind of her own...she has finally decided that swimming under water is not such a bad thing after all. We had a swim lesson earlier this week (I've been teaching her myself this summer). We've been working on facial self-submersion (having her put her face in the water by herself) and at the end of our lesson she actually asked if we could go under the water and swim away from the fishies and sharks. Then we got out the diving rings and put them on the steps and she would dunk herself under water to get the rings ("magic bracelets"). Then she would jump off the steps to me and I'd help her swim to the wall. Well after a few rounds of this, she looked at me and said "I do it my MYself" (she puts the emphasis on my when she says myself - she used to say my byself). Then she jumped in and swam to the wall. Amazing!

No comments: